What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Core server replica to be put in DMZ to allow NAT/VIP for the mobile app

Votes:

Want this feature implemented, too? Please upvote by clicking Thumbs up!

(Posts as a reply won't be published in this feature request thread. Read Me!)

User Story

As a PRTG User, I want in addition to the cluster option, a read only replica of the core server will be added.

Details of User Story

I'd like to propose that in addition to the cluster option, a read only replica of the core server will be added. I'd like to install the replica in a DMZ network, allowing it access from the world so I could use the mobile app.

Since the mobile app doesn't support SAML (AFAIK), this could be a nice solution especially for closed internet environments.

Acceptance criteria

• You are able to create a replica in a DMZ network.
  • You are able to connect your mobile app to the replica and receive data from it.

Status

Open

add-feature prtg-kbtracker prtg-mobile-app

Created on Aug 6, 2019 9:15:03 AM by  Sasa Ignjatovic [Paessler Support]

Last change on Aug 6, 2019 12:50:37 PM by  Sasa Ignjatovic [Paessler Support]

Replies

Nobody has replied yet

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.