What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

[OPEN] Please add some options to view and control sync performance to the other cluster members

Votes:

Want this feature implemented, too? Please upvote by clicking Thumbs up!

(Posts as a reply won't be published in this feature request thread. Read Me!)

User Story

As a PRTG User, I want to easily view the current status of synchronization between the cluster members when I have made changes within the cluster probe. For instance, how many groups/devices/monitors are left to be synced over from the group of 100 objects I cloned from the remote probe to the cluster probe and then resumed from the core server? At least a progress bar or something would be nice. A "Sync Now" button would be incredible too.

Details of User Story

I know that I can get some sync details by going to the System Status page at the bottom, but those details did not seem to be current so weren't helpful at all. I would really like to see more current sync details on the Cluster Status page where it would be a logical fit and more accessible? Some kind of progress bar would be useful showing roughly how many objects remained to sync to each of the cluster servers.

The reason for this request is that I have just migrated all of the monitors from multiple remote probes to the cluster probe. I would like to have a way to prioritize the sync process as I have seen a wide discrepancy in the time it takes to enable various sized groups of devices and monitors in the cluster probe. A group of 10 devices and 100 monitors took 2 hours to come online where a group of 40 devices and 400 monitors took 10 minutes. A similar group of 10 devices and 100 monitors took 20 minutes. During these times I checked the System Status page to see what was happening with the sync process. It always showed "Nothing to do" even though I had given it something to do.

Acceptance criteria

Easy to reach and see sync details between cluster nodes, more than just "Connected" with green arrows. Either a progress bar or countdown of remaining objects to be synced to the other cluster servers.

This basically gives us a set of cornerstones that need to be there in order for the feature to be implemented.

Status

Open

failovercluster prtg sync

Created on Sep 25, 2019 9:40:48 PM

Last change on Sep 26, 2019 4:19:25 AM by  Sven Roggenhofer [Paessler Technical Support]

Replies

Nobody has replied yet

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.