What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

[DENIED] Sync custom sensors between core server and probes

Votes:

Want this feature implemented, too? Please upvote by clicking Thumbs up!

(Posts as a reply won't be published in this feature request thread. Read Me!)

User Story

As a PRTG User, I want to have my custom sensors synced from my core server to all my remote probes.

Details of User Story

If you have lot's of remote probes it's hard to have all custom sensors on all probes.
If you want to change a custom sensor, you need to do it on the core server and all probes.
It would make sense to have PRTG sync the custom sensors between core server and probes.

Acceptance criteria

• Sync from the core server to probes every hour, or on change

Status

Denied.

We discussed this internally and decided against it, due to security reasons. If your PRTG Server is compromised, the attacker will then also have the ability to distribute scripts among the corresponding remote probes (worst case, remote probes on customer sites). As an alternative, please look into Distribute Sensors by PRTGToolsFamily.

custom-sensor probes prtg-kbtracker sync synchronization

Created on Oct 21, 2019 2:57:33 PM

Last change on Oct 29, 2019 9:10:29 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Replies

Nobody has replied yet

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.