What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Feature Request: better maintenance function desired

Votes:

Want this feature implemented, too? Please upvote by clicking Thumbs up!

(Posts as a reply won't be published in this feature request thread. Read Me!)

User Story

As a PRTG User, I would like a better maintenance function. The current maintenance function is not implemented in a meaningful way for me and I would like to be able to use a maintenance function as follows:

Details of User Story

The problem with the current function is that I am currently using PRTG to monitor a successful maintenance. This means that I usually start maintenance at a central system and pause all kinds of sensors. But I'm blind from now on. When I have finished the maintenance "from a technical point of view" I want to know if all systems work as usual before I release the system again and declare the "maintenance as finished".

But I can't do that in this case, because I can't test more than a hundred sensors by hand. That's why I have PRTG. So in the worst case I have to arm PRTG again only to find out that I still have to rework because something is not working again, so from a "technical point of view" the maintenance is not yet finished.

Acceptance criteria

- A maintenance window is defined or a maintenance is started (like currently already)
- the devices in question are NOT paused, but merely no longer reported
- the devices concerned are NOT taken into account in the availability calculation
- Meeting devices are marked as being in maintenance (perhaps by the inscription in the tree turning blue, or the icons getting a blue frame?)
- after the expiration of the time window the maintenance is automatically terminated or can be "terminated".

Status

Open

feature-request maintenance prtg

Created on Nov 19, 2019 8:37:51 AM by  Marijan Horsky [Paessler Support]

Replies

Nobody has replied yet

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.