Want this feature implemented, too? Please upvote by clicking Thumbs up!
(Posts as a reply won't be published in this feature request thread. Read Me!)
As a PRTG User, I would like a better maintenance function. The current maintenance function is not implemented in a meaningful way for me and I would like to be able to use a maintenance function as follows:
Details of User Story
The problem with the current function is that I am currently using PRTG to monitor a successful maintenance. This means that I usually start maintenance at a central system and pause all kinds of sensors. But I'm blind from now on. When I have finished the maintenance "from a technical point of view" I want to know if all systems work as usual before I release the system again and declare the "maintenance as finished".
But I can't do that in this case, because I can't test more than a hundred sensors by hand. That's why I have PRTG. So in the worst case I have to arm PRTG again only to find out that I still have to rework because something is not working again, so from a "technical point of view" the maintenance is not yet finished.
- A maintenance window is defined or a maintenance is started (like currently already)
- the devices in question are NOT paused, but merely no longer reported
- the devices concerned are NOT taken into account in the availability calculation
- Meeting devices are marked as being in maintenance (perhaps by the inscription in the tree turning blue, or the icons getting a blue frame?)
- after the expiration of the time window the maintenance is automatically terminated or can be "terminated".