What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Linux process monitoring - error flag when process is running

Votes:

Hello,

I use the 'Custom UCD-SNMP Linux Process v0.2' Scanner to monitor linux processes (https://kb.paessler.com/en/topic/29403-monitoring-processes-in-linux). This works and I get a warning if the process is not running anymore.

My question is whether it is possible to turn it around, so it gives a warning / error if the process is running?

linux monitoring process-monitoring snmp

Created on Dec 13, 2019 10:14:50 AM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello,

Yes, this is possible by adjusting the lookup file "oid.ucd-snmp-mib.pr.prerrorflag.ovl" accordingly. However please note that this nor the custom sensor itself is not officially supported.

Kind Regards,
Timo Dambach
Paessler Tech Support

Created on Dec 16, 2019 8:42:11 AM by  Timo Dambach [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.