What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Data files and monitoring Database on a network storages

Votes:

Hi,

How can I move the data files and monitoring database (local path "%programdata%\Paessler\PRTG Network Monitor") to a shared folder path on a other server on my network (storage server) ? When I change the path in the prtg administration tool, the probe service will not start again.

Thank you, Lucien

database files installation prtg

Created on Dec 22, 2019 12:11:05 AM

Best Answer

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Did you copy the files to the new location?
If you already did, then please see the solution mentioned in this article.

Created on Dec 23, 2019 1:39:43 PM by  Sasa Ignjatovic [Paessler Support]

Last change on Dec 23, 2019 1:39:51 PM by  Sasa Ignjatovic [Paessler Support]

3 Replies

Votes:

Hello Lucien,

Thank you for your post.

We generally do not recommend to move the Data storage of PRTG to a share because of the access speeds. Change your Log and Data storage directory by following this guide.

Kind regards,
Sasa Ignjatovic, Tech Support Team

Created on Dec 23, 2019 10:11:13 AM by  Sasa Ignjatovic [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Yes, but when I change the path in the prtg administration tool, the probe service will not start again (as you can see in the screenshot).

Screenshot : The error : https://ibb.co/2YFsPrq The network Path : https://ibb.co/rcJNDc6

Kind regards, Lucien

Created on Dec 23, 2019 11:50:14 AM

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Did you copy the files to the new location?
If you already did, then please see the solution mentioned in this article.

Created on Dec 23, 2019 1:39:43 PM by  Sasa Ignjatovic [Paessler Support]

Last change on Dec 23, 2019 1:39:51 PM by  Sasa Ignjatovic [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.