What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Add the initiator of an Auto-Discovery to the Ticket produced when complete

Votes:

Want this feature implemented, too? Please upvote by clicking Thumbs up!

(Posts as a reply won't be published in this feature request thread. Read Me!)

User Story

As a PRTG User, I would like to have the user name of the user who activated the Auto-Discovery included in the information in the Ticket generated when the process has completed.

Details of User Story

At present a Ticket is generated when Auto-Discovery finishes, but the ticket does not include who started the Auto-Discovery.

We have a couple of house keeping steps that we perform after the Auto-Discovery and I would like to send reminders to the person performing the discovery if they forget to do these.

Acceptance criteria

• Criterion #1 Add the user name of the user starting the Auto-Discovery process to the Ticket. Maybe an entry in the Latest Comments field?

Status

Open

auto-discovery tickets username

Created on Feb 4, 2020 9:48:25 PM

Replies

Nobody has replied yet

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.