What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Change the "status only" icon to your own image.

Votes:

Hi all!

For my system, there is a need to add icons similar to the standard ones (OK, Error, Warning, etc.).

I tried these recommendations:

Is there an opportunity now, in 2020, to add your own sensor status icons? To be able to use both standard icons (led_green, led_red, etc.) and your own, which will also change depending on the state.

custom-icon custom-sensor sensor status-icons

Created on Feb 5, 2020 11:48:29 AM

Last change on Feb 6, 2020 5:27:24 AM by  Marijan Horsky [Paessler Support]

5 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

You may want to have a look at this article:Where can I find custom map objects and other map customizations?

However, please note that we cannot offer further support here, since customization is officially not supported anymore.

Kind Regards,
Timo Dambach
Paessler Tech Support

Created on Feb 6, 2020 8:44:46 AM by  Timo Dambach [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Those articles discuss other issues - not those that interest me.

There is also a link to an article that I have already tried.

The article https://kb.paessler.com/en/topic/64436 is already old, but it is as close as possible to what I need. But even the file names are different.

I need to change the default status icons. I understand that this is not officially supported anymore, but maybe you have some example of the implementation of such an opportunity?

Is it technically possible to do this?

Created on Feb 6, 2020 10:16:39 AM

Votes:

Looks like I found a pretty easy solution. And the solution is quite aesthetic, to some extent.

With minimal intervention, I edit the mesageonly_related_background.htm file, delete the text from it. The result is a clean field with color according to status, with a custom size.

Then in the sensor html_before I place the usual img tag, insert the svg or png image with transparency, and get a very versatile sensor.

It seems to me that this is the best option: interference with the original components is minimal, no need to edit the CSS, etc.

Although I was also able to add a picture to another sensor, although not quite correctly.

Created on Feb 6, 2020 3:49:07 PM

Votes:

I'm afraid we don't have any more recent instructions nor examples for changing map objects and status icons.

However I'm glad you could find a solution. Thank you for sharing these information here for future customers. :)

Created on Feb 7, 2020 9:29:15 AM by  Timo Dambach [Paessler Support]

Votes:

In fact, and thanks to other examples in the knowledge base, I have achieved some results.

These were not the results that I wanted, but if I worked more with html/css, I think that would have produced good results too. Just unfortunately my knowledge in the CSS is too small.

But, probably, minimal intervention in the core of the prtg is the most correct way.

Created on Feb 11, 2020 8:46:43 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.