I would like to see how to create custom map objects, code examples (HTML, CSS), and how to use these objects in the PRTG Map Designer. Can you provide sample codes for map objects?
This article applies to PRTG Network Monitor 13.2.3 or later
Custom Map Objects for PRTG Maps
The PRTG Maps feature enables you to create web pages with your own view on the monitoring data and publish your network status in a customizable layout. Because these dashboards are common HTML web pages technically, you can edit existing map objects, add new map objects to use in the Map Designer, and include external elements from other web pages.
The following articles show sample codes for custom map objects. You can use these objects in your own maps, customize them, or take the code samples as a starting point to create your own custom map objects:
- How can I add or edit map objects used for PRTG’s maps?
General introduction to custom map objects (data path, object naming, placeholders)
- How can I customize the color of a map object?
Shows how to define other colors for sensor states in maps
- Can I use my own images/icons/logos in PRTG’s map editor?
Shows how to include any images in maps
- How to remove footer in maps? Can I customize the maps footer?
Shows how to remove or customize the PRTG footer for maps
- How to change the size of connection lines in PRTG maps?
Shows how to adjust the width of lines that connect map objects
- How to disable links in public maps?
Make links in public maps unclickable
- Where can I download free political/topographical map images for use in PRTG Maps?
Resources for background images
- How to setup interactive maps?
Adding links to other maps to drill down into 'sub'-maps
- Can you re-order or remove columns in sensor lists displayed in maps?
Customizing tables in maps
- Changing/Setting Maps default refresh time
Configuring a custom URL-built-in refresh time for a map
Specific Map Objects
- How can I add statistics about a sensor’s downtime to maps?
Shows how to display uptime, downtime, and coverage statistics in maps
- How can I use a status icon of a device in Maps which only considers specific sensors?
Shows how to use a Sunburst view for a Library in a map to get the cumulated status of specific sensors on a device or group
- Libraries in maps
Gives a custom map object for a PRTG Library
- How can I customize gauge type map objects?
Shows how to create a small channel gauge without any text
- Map custom object traffic RX/TX
Gives an idea about how to realize a map object that shows RX and TX values of an SNMP Traffic sensor
- How can I add a non-primary Toplist to PRTG Maps?
Shows how to create map objects for any toplists
- How did you realize the ticket display in Paessler’s office dashboards?
Shows how we realized the ticket display on our office dashboard (uses an HTTP XML/REST Value sensor to get the data)
- How can I add log tables to my PRTG maps?
Shows how to create a log table map object
- How can I show up-to-date weather information, webcam and radar images in PRTG’s maps?
Shows how to add external information to maps
- How can I exclude acknowledged down sensors from the map object table?
Shows how to remove acknowledged down sensors from the map object "DOWN Sensors"
- How do I increase the font size of a table in PRTG's Maps?
Shows how to change the font size of a map object
- Can custom status-aware icons be used within maps?
Shows how to use custom icons in maps for specific sensor states
Created on Aug 26, 2014 12:53:38 PM by
Gerald Schoch [Paessler Support]
Last change on Sep 23, 2016 11:50:18 AM by
Gerald Schoch [Paessler Support]
Are these still relevant with 220.127.116.1141? If not, how do I customize my map items? I find some of the out of the box ones are lacking for my needs.
Yes, the guides still apply to the new webinterface. Only the design was changed not the way everything is created and works in the background.
Created on Dec 5, 2017 7:07:26 PM by
Dariusz Gorka [Paessler Support]
Please log in or register to enter your reply.