What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Where can I find custom map objects and other map customizations?

Votes:

I would like to see how to create custom map objects, code examples (HTML, CSS), and how to use these objects in the PRTG Map Designer. Can you provide sample codes for map objects?

css customize dashboard html map-designer map-objects maps maps-editor prtg

Created on Aug 26, 2014 12:52:59 PM by  Gerald Schoch [Paessler Support]

3 Replies

Accepted Answer

Votes:

This article applies to PRTG Network Monitor 13.2.3 or later

Custom Map Objects for PRTG Maps

The PRTG Maps feature enables you to create web pages with your own view on the monitoring data and publish your network status in a customizable layout. Because these dashboards are common HTML web pages technically, you can edit existing map objects, add new map objects to use in the Map Designer, and include external elements from other web pages.

The following articles show sample codes for custom map objects. You can use these objects in your own maps, customize them, or take the code samples as a starting point to create your own custom map objects:

General Customizations

Specific Map Objects

Created on Aug 26, 2014 12:53:38 PM by  Gerald Schoch [Paessler Support]

Last change on Sep 23, 2016 11:50:18 AM by  Gerald Schoch [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Are these still relevant with 17.4.35.3441? If not, how do I customize my map items? I find some of the out of the box ones are lacking for my needs.

Created on Dec 5, 2017 6:02:24 PM

Votes:

Hi Rob,

Yes, the guides still apply to the new webinterface. Only the design was changed not the way everything is created and works in the background.

Best regards.

Created on Dec 5, 2017 7:07:26 PM by  Dariusz Gorka [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.