Want this feature implemented, too? Please upvote by clicking Thumbs up!
(Posts as a reply won't be published in this feature request thread. Read Me!)
As a PRTG User, I want to be able to specify a top level Active Directory Group containing other security groups and PRTG to be able to find users in the nested Active Directory groups.
Details of User Story
In our Active Directory, we place user accounts in groups that relate to their roles and team assignments. These groups are then placed in higher level groups that contain all roles of a certain kind or all roles pertaining to a team.
All items mentioned are groups:
- "Team-Alpha" -> Contains "Team-Alpha_Developers", "Team-Alpha_QA"
- "Team-Beta" -> Contains "Team-Beta_Developers", "Team-Beta_QA"
- "Role-Developers" -> Contains "Team-Alpha_Developers", "Team-Beta_Developers"
- "Role-QA" -> "Team-Alpha_QA", "Team-Beta_QA"
The following groups then contain users:
- Team-Alpha_Developers -> Contains "User 1", "User 2", ...
- Team-Alpha_QA -> Contains "User 5", "User 6", ... etc.
- If given any of the top level groups (Team-Alpha, Role-QA, etc.), PRTG should be able find and add users contained in nested groups