What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Geo Map (Globe) change color

Votes:

Hi there,

We are using PRTG version 20.1.55.1775. I would like to add the Geo Map Globe to a PRTG map. It comes with a 'dark theme' I would like to have it light and have the background color white instead of black. Is there a way to change this?

Many thanks!

geomaps map prtg

Created on Feb 27, 2020 1:17:54 PM

5 Replies

Votes:

Hi WindowsSupport,

The color scheme is the same as from the user entered in the security context of the map. Therefore, you have two options, change the color scheme from the user or change the user.

Created on Feb 28, 2020 8:17:37 AM by  Moritz Heller [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thanks for your reply. The user account for this map is my own account. And color mode is 'light'. All my maps are 'light' / white background. When I add the globe on the map, the globe object is dark with black background. I want to change this. Is this possible?

Created on Feb 28, 2020 9:35:15 AM

Votes:

Hi WindowsSupport,

This certain map object in detail has a none-changeable background, since it's not related to a already existing object in PRTG.

Created on Feb 28, 2020 12:28:03 PM by  Moritz Heller [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi Moritz, This is my map with the Geo object; https://imgur.com/JgaF9s7 I would like to have the background of the object white instead of black, and maybe more color on the world map. So this is not possible? Please confirm.

Created on Mar 2, 2020 11:21:02 AM

Votes:

Hi WindowsSupport,

This certain object has a not changeable background. However, you can also customize map objects. To do this, please follow this link:

https://kb.paessler.com/en/topic/61263-where-can-i-find-custom-map-objects-and-other-map-customizations

Created on Mar 2, 2020 7:38:59 PM by  Moritz Heller [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.