What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

PRTG Core service alert via email

Votes:

Hello,

Yesterday for unknown reason, the core service stopped working in my PRTG Server for about 12 hours. That means that when I try to login and the service is down, i get the message "Connection refused". I would like to ask this: During the "down period", any notification email alerts are still working or they stop too? How can I get alerted when the core service enters in a STOP state?

Thank you!

alerts core-service prtg

Created on Mar 27, 2020 9:54:17 AM

1 Reply

Votes:

Notifications are actually sent by the Core Server, so when the Core is down, notifications are no longer sent. In this case, you could set up a small VM that runs a PRTG trial. The process is disclosed here:

https://kb.paessler.com/en/topic/963-how-can-i-monitor-one-prtg-instance-with-another-instance-of-prtg

Let me know if that worked for you! :)

Created on Mar 30, 2020 9:40:05 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.