What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Monitor IKEv1 VPN - Cisco IOS Router

Votes:

Hi there,

Is it possible for me to monitor an IKEv1 VPN link on a Cisco iOS router? I want to monitor link status if it is up (like UP-ACTIVE) or if it goes down.

Device:: Cisco 2901 running iOS 15.0(1r)M16

cisco ios prtg

Created on Apr 20, 2020 1:23:04 AM

3 Replies

Votes:

The SNMP Cisco Asa VPN Connections Sensor might be what you're looking for:
https://www.paessler.com/manuals/prtg/snmp_cisco_asa_vpn_connections_sensor

Or did you already try that?

Created on Apr 20, 2020 3:12:39 PM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I'm getting a "No such object (SNMP error # 222)". Is there something I need to configure in PRTG? (like add MIBs) or something i missed configuring in the router side?

Created on Apr 20, 2020 10:53:24 PM

Votes:

If SNMP is configured properly (i.e. when the SNMP Uptime Sensor is working), the VPN Sensor should work as well. You could give this alternative. Let me know if it worked!

Created on Apr 21, 2020 9:50:06 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.