What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

VMware Datastore (SOAP): The remote server returned an error: (403) Forbidden.

Votes:

We have a customer with a PRTG probe installed, communicating with our PRTG server. The probe is working fine, but since a couple of days we get the error VMware Datastore (SOAP): The remote server returned an error: (403) while trying to obtain information about the datastores.

I know the used credentials are correct, because we can use them to login to either the host itself or vCenter.

Which ports are used from the probe to connect to the host of vcenter with this sensor?

probe prtg soap

Created on Apr 22, 2020 7:54:21 AM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hi there,

Is the sensor working at other times without the error? Please also try to access the vCenter from the remote probe the sensor is configured on. Please also check if you're able to access the following URL from the Probe's server:
https://<ip or fqdn des servers>/mob

Sometimes restarting the CIM Server on the target host helps, please find information on how to do this here:
https://kb.paessler.com/en/topic/59585-my-vmware-host-sensor-cant-find-data-what-can-i-do#reply-190329

Please also try a higher Scanning Interval like 5 minutes.

Kind regards,
Andreas Günther
Tech Support, Paessler AG

[email protected]

Created on Apr 23, 2020 9:20:02 AM by  Andreas Günther [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi,

This is the only probe where we have this issue. I can access the vcenter and hosts with credentials I provided in prtg (from the probe)

Url /mob is accessible and restarting cim server service didn't make a difference.

Any ports that I can check? Or any other ideas?

Created on Apr 28, 2020 10:07:21 AM

Votes:

Hi there,

I've opened a dedicated Support Ticket for that problem. You should have got an email.

Kind regards,
Andreas Günther
Tech Support, Paessler AG

[email protected]

Created on Apr 29, 2020 9:01:01 AM by  Andreas Günther [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.