What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How can I build a map based on specific tag

Votes:

Want this feature implemented, too? Please upvote by clicking Thumbs up!

(Posts as a reply won't be published in this feature request thread. Read Me!)

User Story

As a PRTG User, I want to be able to create a map based on the tag of a device or sensor.

Details of User Story

My dilemma is I would like for the same device to be part of multiple maps based on certain criteria. The problem happens when I use “groups” of devices to build my maps.

Acceptance criteria

Map A contains devices from group A Map B contains devices from group B

The problem occurs when I have a situation when I have a device that needs to be in both Map A and Map B but the device is part of group B. It would mean I would have to clone the device so that it can belong to both groups in order for the device to show in both Maps. The problem is I have potentially hundreds of devices I would have to manually clone. This would also consume a lot more resources since prtg would have to monitor the clone as well as the original device. This is why I was hoping of creating a map based on tag. Is there another way this can be achieved?

Status

Open

groups maps tags

Created on Apr 23, 2020 11:25:21 AM

Replies

Nobody has replied yet

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.