What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

WISI TANGRAM - DESCRAMBLING SENSOR

Votes:

Dear Support,

I have installed the WIS-GTDESCRAMBLE-MIB.oidlib file in the PRTG root folder to obtain descrambling status of the Module GT42 for its CAM cards. However, I could notice getting response time (like some sort of ping) instead of telling it is descrambling channels properly or not.

For example, a CAM card not descrambling channels would still give a proper response time but does not tell you if there is an issue.

Thanks to advise.

Best Regards, Ally K

descrambler gt42 prtg sensor tangram wisi

Created on Apr 27, 2020 8:10:53 AM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hi there,

I'm note sure where you get suck here. Did you already import the MIB files correctly to PRTG here? You can find a full step by step guid for this here.

Note, that SNMP gets implemented by the vendor and therefore he also provides the MIB files. Usually there is a huge amount of OIDs available that you can choose to monitor different things. If you are not sure which OIDs are needed or what a specific OID returns, you need to ask the vendor here.

If this doesn't help to get further here, you can maybe explain your issue in more detail.

Kind regards,
Birk Guttmann, Tech Support Team

Created on Apr 27, 2020 2:14:34 PM by  Birk Guttmann [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Dear Birk,

Yes we have already imported the MIB files to the PRTG folder and we have a large varieties of sensors available.

I require to know when a CAM card is not descrambling channels then it gives me the output that it is not working. For example CAM card 1 is not descrambling channels on the WISI Tangram.

However, from PRTG, I am getting other outputs (gt descramble 1#, gt ci mod slot true, response time) rather than the descrambling status (false, NOK, or, others).

PS: My response email to your email was rejected. I would be glad if we could work this over email to share attachments or remote access also is possible.

Created on Apr 29, 2020 11:00:07 AM

Votes:

Hi there,

I'm not sure , what the target device exactly returns here. If you only get numbers for a status it may be needed to implement a lookup for the returned values. A lookup translates specific returned numbers to a status and a status message. You can get more information about those here.

If you want to get in direct touch with us via mail, you can also create a case by sending a mail to support@paessler,com.

Kind regards,
Birk Guttmann, Tech Support Team

Created on Apr 30, 2020 9:03:13 AM by  Birk Guttmann [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.