What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How many sensors were we monitoring last month ?

Votes:

Afternoon all, I need to put together some information on the number of sensors we are monitoring at the moment compared to previous dates eg start of the month and start of May.

I am taking a presumption that I will need to create a report to do this but struggling to put together the correct information to generate the information.

I only need to actual total number as its to give a scale of the increased usage of PRTG over the last few months.

performance-counters reports sensors

Created on Jun 17, 2020 1:29:59 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

Thank you for your KB-post.

I am afraid that it is not possible to obtain a number of sensors used in the past using default, built-in reporting options.

You can see total sensor count when you click on "Setup" -> "PRTG Status", but that is a current status.

You may want to use PRTG HTTP API calls to create reports on sensor count (and their status), but again, it is possible only for the sensors currently installed.

Best regards

Created on Jun 18, 2020 8:56:02 PM by  Isidora Jeremic [Paessler Support]

Votes:

OK thank you... Shame as it would benefit administrators to demonstrate any increased use of PRTG.

Created on Jun 22, 2020 11:12:29 AM

Votes:

Hello, thank you for your feedback.

Fell free to suggest this feature as a new reporting option; for more details on how to propose a feature request, please have a look at this article: https://kb.paessler.com/en/topic/79245-how-can-i-propose-new-features-or-sensors-for-prtg

Created on Jun 23, 2020 7:43:06 AM by  Isidora Jeremic [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.