What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How do I review sensors (down state 8 hours)

Votes:

Hi All,

In our monitoring setup we know that some sensors goes in down state while the ops team is off-duty. These sensor might be down for 5 min, and we only notify on-call after 15 min.

I what to review all sensors that have transitioned to down state in an 12 hour window, to look for periodic errors.

We did have a nexus switch doing random stuff every 10-11 hour for a brief period. The ops team didn't catch the error, and only when the switch went into a boot loop we noticed :)

Kind regards,

Michael

audit prtg reports review

Created on Jun 23, 2020 6:40:54 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hi,

I guess the best way is to check the notification logs where you can see all notification which has been triggered. These logs can be found under Logs | System Events | Notification Related.

Created on Jun 24, 2020 7:38:10 AM by  Marijan Horsky [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi,

Well it sort of give me an overview but it hard to filter the log for 8 - 12 hours, when the only filter option is time. I really needed that option to filter by state = down

Created on Jun 25, 2020 10:48:47 AM

Votes:

Hi,

Currently we don't offer a filter for hours.

If you want to have this option included in PRTG, you are welcome to open a Feature Request. Feature Requests are enhancements you desire for the future and are voted by the customers. This means that if your request gets many votes, this increases the prioritisation of our product owners. You'll find more information in the following link.

Created on Jun 25, 2020 12:18:08 PM by  Marijan Horsky [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.