What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

SNMP v2c - custom port - cant connect to device

Votes:

Hi guys,

i am setting up SNMP v2c but I need to use custom snmp port to connect as I have to set up destination nat for multiple devices to connect from outside over to inside nat. So every device will have 1 port higher: 16101, 16102 and so on.

now I have configured everything on the firewall and:

- the firewall works i can see traffic and data moving between inside host and prtg host ONLY when using snmpwalk - but when i add a device nothing happens not even connecting to firewall using prtg.

- on the firewall i can see traffic only when use snmpwalk but prtg - nothing, even they both on the same host with the same IP.

any ideas ?

thanks

prtg snmp snmpv2c v2c

Created on Jun 26, 2020 3:08:47 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello miklasz,

Did you test this snmpwalk while using the SNMP Tester?

Did you check if the correct port is configured in the device settings within PRTG?

Created on Jun 29, 2020 7:24:09 AM by  Timo Dambach [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.