As a PRTG User, I want to add a manual log entry to a device or service. This is to help other users of that device to see that some action was made to make this device more reliable.
Details of User Story
I have an air-condition running. Last monday I was setting the destination temperatur from 28 to 25 degrees Celsius.
How can I tell PRTG that I did this manual action so that my coworker can see it?
I found this solution:
- create a ticket for this device and resolve/close it immediately. I can then search for a ticket for this device. BUT: I have to search actively in the tickets in another section of PRTG. Usually nobody would think about this.
This does not work:
- there is no entry in History about the ticket for this device. Maybe history is only for configuration changes. I cannot add History-line manually. https://prtg.xxx.de/device.htm?id=3491&tabid=10
- there is no entry in Log. I cannot add a logline to log. https://prtg.xxx.de/device.htm?id=3491&tabid=6
- I thought that I could create a manual log-entry: https://prtg.xxx.de/device.htm?id=3491&tabid=6. But I cannot do this. There is no button to add a hint. I would like to have a button to add a hint in the log.
- An API to add a log-entry would be nice
- Criterion #1
- Criterion #2 This basically gives us a set of cornerstones that need to be there in order for the feature to be implemented.