What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Help with sensor configuration office 365

Votes:

Dear, good afternoon, how are you? in this last update, 2 very cool sensors came out, but I'm having trouble finding the information he asks for Credentials for Azure AD

Tenant ID
client ID
Client Secret

where exactly do i get them from? is it in Azure or in the office?
because I understand that they are different services Azure is cloud computing and office 365 an email service could you show us step by step if possible?
thank you so much
Best regards

office office-365 office365

Created on Aug 18, 2020 2:18:21 PM

Last change on Aug 18, 2020 4:20:57 PM by  Birk Guttmann [Paessler Support]

2 Replies

Votes:

I managed to find the parameters there in Azure, but when I configure it in the prtg, it shows this error message

Could not create the Microsoft 365 Service Status Advanced BETA sensor on device 365 (portal.azure.com).

"An error occured: Request failed: HTTP request was not successful: 401: Unauthorized"

Created on Aug 18, 2020 4:23:49 PM

Votes:

Hello there,

We provide two article that describe how to obtain credentials for Azure AD and how to set the permissions accordingly.

Please let me know if you can set up the sensors correctly with this information.

Kind regards,
Birk Guttmann, Tech Support Team

Created on Aug 19, 2020 11:51:17 AM by  Birk Guttmann [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.