What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Maps via email - is it possible?

Votes:

We have a requirement to send a daily "health check" report every day via email to my support team; I have several custom maps that can be accessed manually via web browser with all the required metrics for the health check, however I need to send this data via email at a specific time. Can I schedule a report (i.e. report template) to capture live html map page(s) and send via email?

I'm guessing this will turn into a feature enhancement request, but I'm a really surprised this functionality has not been added yet; especially given the amount of customization built into the maps. Why not expand this to allow map reports to be sent? Why would it be difficult to just add a Map report template to allow capturing map dashboards to be sent via the existing report scheduling mechanism? p.s. one of your competitors already has this, it's called "dashboard mailer".

email maps report

Created on Sep 10, 2020 9:36:47 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hi Michael,

Thank you for the feedback.

As you already suspected, this is not possible. If you want to create a feature request, please follow the steps noted here: https://kb.paessler.com/en/topic/79245-how-can-i-propose-new-features-or-sensors-for-prtg

Created on Sep 11, 2020 1:16:45 PM by  Moritz Heller [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.