What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Feature Request: Add "Set as mastersensor" to sensor context menu

Votes:

Want this feature implemented, too? Please upvote by clicking Thumbs up!

(Posts as a reply won't be published in this feature request thread. Read Me!)

User Story

As a PRTG User, I would like to have a shortcut to set a sensor as mastersensor for a device.

Details of User Story

I took over a prtg environment (1600 sensors) to maintain, which has a lack of configured dependencies - not even mastersensors. As it is not possible to use batch edit for dependencies, I have to query my preferred sensor type by tag, select sensor, switch to settings, scroll down to dependencies, select 'mastersensor', save and go to next sensor.. Having this option in context menu would speed up this kind of job extremely.

There is no need to place the option in main context menu, but maybe in the edit sub menu.

A more improved version would be a new context sub menu 'dependencies' showing the current dependency as title and then listing the three options 'use parent', 'mastersensor', 'select sensor..'.

Acceptance criteria

• Criterion #1 A slight workaround for fast configuring a batch of dependencies as it is not possible to edit dependencies in list mode
  • Criterion #2 If people decide to switch their preferred mastersensor (just imagine there will be a new Ping 2.0 with a whatever improvement) they have to sit the whole night to configure them for their environment.

Status

Open

dependencies dependency dependency-on-ping improve-prtg master-dependencies parent prtg-kbtracker

Created on Sep 24, 2020 8:31:07 AM

Replies

Nobody has replied yet

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.