What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

PRTG Probe Upgrade killed by CheckPoint Sandblast agent

Votes:

Good morning,

i have a problem with our CheckPoint Sandblast agent and the Upgrade process of the PRTG Remote Probe. After the Core server ist updated, the Update process for the probe is failing because the AV scanner / Reputation filter ist blocking and deleting the files.

Is there a way that you could communicate with CheckPoint to trust your applications and/or upgrade process?

And, is there a way to manualy repeat that Update process from the Core to the Probe instead of uninstalling the PRTg from the probe and reinstall it after whitelisting the PRTG path in CheckPoint?

Thanks.

Best regards Matt

checkpoint endpoint-protection--antivirus- sandblast

Created on Oct 5, 2020 6:59:45 AM

5 Replies

Votes:

Unfortunately, the update can't be retriggered. Is there any option to whitelist directories by any chance in the checkpoint agent? Whitelisting C:\ProgramData\Paessler and C:\Program Files (x86)\PRTG Network Monitor should perhaps do the trick then.

Created on Oct 6, 2020 8:43:57 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Yes, i will whitelist it. Somehow the CheckPoint AV is detecting "everything" what PRTG is doing in the upgrad process or reinstall process like it is an attack :D Maybe the emulation blade is more sensitive than other AV's

Ok, then i will uninstall the probe and do a fresh reinstall.

A manual trigger for a probe upgrade would be nice ;) (...feature request :P )

Created on Oct 7, 2020 12:27:35 PM

Votes:

There you go :) Let me know if it worked out :)

Created on Oct 8, 2020 7:12:52 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Somehow the Forensic Blade blocked the whole Upgrade process. Now it is whitelistet. Should work for the future ;) I added my feature request, thanks for the link ;)

Created on Oct 15, 2020 6:45:09 AM

Votes:

Great, thanks! :) Glad to hear it's working properly now.

Created on Oct 16, 2020 6:42:33 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.