What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

User Group Access Rights

Votes:

How can I find out which devices or sensors a group has access to?
I know that it is possible to see, to which groups, the access of a device or sensor has been given. (in access rights section in device or sensor settings)
But I want to know the opposite.
In fact, I want to know which devices was accessed, or what reports were sent to it, or what else in the tool is affected if I wanted to delete a group or a user?
Best Regards

access-rights device sensor user-groups

Created on Oct 5, 2020 11:19:03 AM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

You'll find the Access rights settings only in the corresponding section within the device or sensor settings. Are you looking to see how devices and sensor depend from each other? This can be done at "Devices > Dependencies".

Created on Oct 6, 2020 10:39:12 AM by  Timo Dambach [Paessler Support]

Last change on Oct 6, 2020 10:39:45 AM by  Timo Dambach [Paessler Support]

Votes:

No I just want to know which device and sensors, a user group has access to, but without checking this from access rights section in devices one by one! I want to have it at once for all devices.

Created on Oct 7, 2020 7:06:05 AM

Votes:

Hello,

Thanks for clarifying. I'm afraid this is currently not possible. Feel free to propose a new feature request, if you wish a feature like this to be implemented in the future. There's also a Powershell API from a third party supplier available, which might help you here.

Created on Oct 7, 2020 8:03:14 AM by  Timo Dambach [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.