What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

New Netflow9 sensor fields

Votes:

Is it possible to add new fields to the table, such as FRAGMENT_OFFSET and FORWARDING STATUS?

reference: https://www.cisco.com/en/US/technologies/tk648/tk362/technologies_white_paper09186a00800a3db9.html

netflow netflow-v9 prtg

Created on Oct 20, 2020 8:03:26 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hi there,

Did you already take a look at the NetFlow v9 (Custom) Sensor? In this Sensor, you can define custom channels which can be defined via certain rules.

Created on Oct 21, 2020 9:35:17 AM by  Moritz Heller [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Yes I use it but I need to show new data that were enabled in Netflow, however the fields shown in PRTG are the same.

###########################################################################
FIELD

POSSIBLE FILTER VALUES

Interface

Any number

ASI

Any number

InboundInterface

Any number

OutboundInterface

Any number

SenderIP

IP of the sending device. Use this if you have several devices that send flow data on the same port, and you want to divide the traffic of each device into a different channel.

Possible values: IP address or DNS name

SourceASI

Any number

DestinationASI

Any number

MAC

Physical address

SourceMAC

Physical address

DestinationMAC

Physical address

Mask

Mask values represent subnet masks in the form of a single number (number of contiguous bits).

DestinationMask

Mask values represent subnet masks in the form of a single number (number of contiguous bits).

NextHop

IP address or Domain Name System (DNS) name

VLAN

VLAN values represent a VLAN identifier (any number)

SourceVLAN

DestinationVLAN

Created on Oct 21, 2020 12:11:51 PM

Last change on Oct 21, 2020 12:55:44 PM by  Moritz Heller [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi there,

The netflow custom sensor has all option which PRTG has to display netflow data. If the required options are not available, it's not possible to display the data. If this is not enough, I would recommend to create a feature request to adjust the options of the Sensor. For this, please follow these steps: https://kb.paessler.com/en/topic/79245-how-can-i-propose-new-features-or-sensors-for-prtg

Created on Oct 21, 2020 12:58:10 PM by  Moritz Heller [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.