What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Password not working after change of port

Votes:

Hi,

I changed the port from 80 to 81 as it was conflicting with a local web server. Since doing that the default username/password combo no longer worked.

I generated a new password in Admin, but it would still not work. I changed the port back to 80 and it still won't work.

How do I get this sorted out?

password port username

Created on Oct 30, 2020 12:25:55 AM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

Without really diving into the issue, the easiest solution would be to rollback your configuration to before you changed the port. You will only lose configuration changes, but not monitoring data.

If no one was able to log in, you shouldn't have lost anything.

Rolling back a PRTG Configuration

Benjamin Day
[Paessler Support]

Created on Oct 30, 2020 10:04:00 PM by  Benjamin Day [Paessler Support] (1,441) 2 1

Votes:

Hi,

I uninstalled it and reinstalled. Did not worry about changing the port, but then my wifi stopped working - the driver would not load. I did not make the connection at first, so I tried disabling and re-enabling the driver, uninstalling and reinstalling but it made no difference.

I then decided to uninstall PRTG and once rebooted the wifi came back up.

PRTG trial over.

Moving on to the next product.

Steve

Created on Oct 31, 2020 12:41:31 PM

Votes:

Steve,

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you encountered with PRTG. It's best practices to test the product on its own dedicated server, and not a laptop or desktop. If I can answer any questions you might have, please let me know.

Benjamin Day
[Paessler Support]

Created on Nov 2, 2020 8:19:44 PM by  Benjamin Day [Paessler Support] (1,441) 2 1

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.