What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Stop Notification for a down sensor after pause timer expires

Votes:

There are instances when I have a down sensor (e.g. ping sensor) that I pause for a specific period of time while we work on resolving the issue with the device. For example, a device that is "flapping" - going Up and Down and generating multiple notifications for its ping sensor. Pausing the device prevents new notifications from being sent until the problem is resolved, but if the issue with the device is not resolved before the paused sensor resumes then PRTG checks the sensor and generates a new notification for the same down sensor.

I would like the ability to tell PRTG to not send a notification for a sensor that was "Down" prior to being paused and is still in "Down" after the pause timeframe has expired. Once the Down sensor goes into an "Up" state then the normal notification process can resume.

notification paused sensor

Created on Dec 10, 2020 7:56:06 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello Sayton,

Thank you for your message.

To open a feature request, can you please follow the procedure mentioned in this KB article: https://kb.paessler.com/en/topic/79245-how-can-i-propose-new-features-or-sensors-for-prtg

Regarding the sensors in question, you also have the possibility to pause them indefinitely so you don't get new notifications when the problem is not solved yet. Then, simply resume the sensors when the problem is fixed.

Kind regards.

Created on Dec 14, 2020 8:57:51 AM by  Florian Lesage [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.