What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Traffic Light object with label

Votes:

I like to label my objects on the map with <h1>LabelX</h1> in the 'HTML Before' section. This works fine for most objects, except the traffic light. When I add this header, the traffic light object gets pushed out the bottom. Why does this happen? I don't like the way you have to label things but it works for all other objects I've tried.

Screenshot of the issue: https://i.imgur.com/IgECKLp.png

html map prtg trafficlight

Created on Feb 9, 2021 2:28:01 PM

Last change on Feb 9, 2021 4:44:58 PM by  Felix Wiesneth [Paessler Support]

3 Replies

Votes:

Hi Michel,

This is due to the scaling of the object. If you draw the object to a bigger size, you will notice that the traffic light will be visible again. Also if you make the traffic light thinner, you will also notice that the whole traffic light is visible again.

Created on Feb 12, 2021 9:29:16 AM by  Moritz Heller [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I understand. But there's no way to fix it? I don't want to make it bigger.

Created on Feb 15, 2021 5:37:12 PM

Votes:

I'm sorry but there is no other option. As an alternative, you can add the "custom HTML" object and place is above the traffic light to fake the headline. Another alternative would be to create a own custom map object: https://kb.paessler.com/en/topic/61263-where-can-i-find-custom-map-objects-and-other-map-customizations

Created on Feb 16, 2021 12:41:44 PM by  Moritz Heller [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.