What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Monitor Process on Debian Linux

Votes:

I would like assistance in monitoring a process on Debian Linux, I have follow this tutorial: https://kb.paessler.com/en/topic/29403-monitoring-processes-in-linux but I have been unable to achieve this.

What I would like to achieve is to monitor a .NET Core application running as a process on Debian.

linux prtg snmp

Created on Mar 12, 2021 2:03:44 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hello Brian,

Thank you for your message.

What error(s) are you facing exactly? Regarding the KB article I'm afraid that it's getting old and therefore may effectively not work in certain case. Have you taken a look to this KB article, to monitor the process with a SSH script sensor ?

Regards.

Created on Mar 12, 2021 2:43:37 PM by  Florian Lesage [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi Florain,

Thank you a lot for the quick response. I have tried it out and it works. I am trying to monitor a process running in linux to get the different metrics such as CPU Usage, thread count and Memory utilization.

Thank you once again.

Created on Mar 15, 2021 6:59:48 AM

Votes:

Hello Brian,

Thank you for your feedback, I'm glad to hear that it works now.

Have a great day.

Regards.

Created on Mar 15, 2021 7:18:11 AM by  Florian Lesage [Paessler Support]

Last change on Mar 15, 2021 7:18:25 AM by  Florian Lesage [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.