What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Exchange PS sensors down after KB5001779

Votes:

Hi all,

I'm running PRTG 21.1.66.1664+ I've just installed KB5001779 on one of my MS Exchange servers to catch possible errors. Ever since the DAG Database sensors and the mail queue sensor are down. Following German error message occurs:

Die Syntax wird von diesem Runspace nicht unterstützt. Dies kann der Fall sein, wenn der Runspace nicht im Sprachmodus vorliegt.

Which roughly translates to:
The syntax is not supported by this Runspace. This can happen because of the Runspace not being available in language mode.

Can anyone help with this issue? Thanks in advance for your time!

Kind regards, Frank

exchange-powershell kb5001779 powershell

Created on Apr 14, 2021 1:40:03 PM

Last change on Apr 14, 2021 2:06:51 PM by  Felix Wiesneth [Paessler Support]

6 Replies

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hey Frank,

Unfortunately, several customers have reported exactly this behavior after the Exchange update. In software development, it is unfortunately sometimes the case that one manufacturer (in this case Microsoft) changes something and others then have to follow suit.

We have to analyze the problem and I hope that my colleagues from development can offer a hotfix soon. This also means, that unfortunately, I can't offer you a quick solution at the moment and ask for your patience.

Best,
Sven Roggenhofer [Paessler Technical Support]

Created on Apr 15, 2021 4:16:13 AM by  Sven Roggenhofer [Paessler Technical Support]

Votes:

Hi Sven, I anticipated as much. Great to know you're working on it. I will wait for the hotfix. Thank you very much for your time and the quick reply! Best, Frank

Created on Apr 15, 2021 4:36:25 AM

Votes:

Hi Sven,

we have the same problem with Exchange 2019 CU9 + KB5001779. Reading the forums I also know that you have in beta a patch to fix the problem, in the meantime that an official version is released. Could you kindly let us have the patch? We would be very grateful because for us, those Exchange DAG sensors are really indispensable for our security. Thanks and have a good one!

Paolo Caparrelli GOLINE SA IT Services

Created on Apr 18, 2021 8:26:39 AM

Votes:

Please note this.

Created on Apr 19, 2021 4:33:14 AM by  Sven Roggenhofer [Paessler Technical Support]

Votes:

Hi, after updating to 21.2.67.1562 our exchange sensors are up and working again. Thanks a bunch! Best, Frank

Created on Apr 23, 2021 8:46:47 AM

Votes:

Nice! Thanks for sharing

Created on Apr 23, 2021 8:52:48 AM by  Sven Roggenhofer [Paessler Technical Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.