What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Exchange 2010 Performance Counter error

Votes:

Hello,

I have a problem with this sensor : MSExchange Store Interface: RPC Latency average (msec) _Total

When I open the performance counter on the server, there is no issue, I have this metric

But PRTG is telling me :
"The data that the target WMI system returns is invalid and cannot be properly processed. This is not a PRTG issue but an issue of the device you want to monitor. For more information, see https://kb.paessler.com/en/topic/72969. (code: PE264)"

I tried to rebuild as suggested on the PRTG KB page

exchange performance-counters prtg wmi

Created on Apr 22, 2021 1:29:35 PM

Last change on Apr 23, 2021 6:34:03 AM by  Felix Wiesneth [Paessler Support]

5 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

Did you make sure that you entered the performance counter correctly in the sensor?
Please see the article on how to find performance counters. Also, please see this article for additional information.

Kind regards,
Sasa Ignjatovic, Tech Support Team

Created on Apr 26, 2021 10:39:37 AM by  Sasa Ignjatovic [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Everything is OK when I check, but I also tried to add the same sensor on another of my Exchange server, the result is the same

Created on May 5, 2021 9:01:52 AM

Votes:

Hello Alexandre,

Did you also check that the RemoteRegistry "Remote Registry" Windows service runs on the target computer? If this service does not run, a connection via performance counters is not possible.

Kind regards

Felix Wiesneth - Team Tech Support

Created on May 6, 2021 10:14:11 AM by  Felix Wiesneth [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Yep the service is enabled and running

Created on May 6, 2021 1:22:50 PM

Votes:

Hi Alexandre,

Please try to troubleshoot this with our WMI Tester. With this tool you can check which data PRTG get from your target device. Which query is used for this you can check here.

Kind regards

Felix Wiesneth - Team Tech Support

Created on May 11, 2021 2:59:04 PM by  Felix Wiesneth [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.