What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

SNMP Sensors dont work/ can't be found

Votes:

My Company works with a few different VLans. I'm currently setting up a new PRTG Server, since our old one is almost 6 Years old. The new server can reach the different vlans via a Firewall Route. So in the firewall there is a Route from the PRTG to our Management VLan, so that it can Monitor our Switches. It is able to find the divces Via ping, but unable to establish a SNMP Connection. We use SNMPv3, the PRTG settings are all correct, i checked that 3 Times over. The Firewall Route allows for Ping aswell as SNMP. What could be a reason that the Sensors are still not working?

firewall snmp switch vlan

Created on May 27, 2021 6:59:05 AM

2 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

Assuming your firewall rules are set up correctly to allow SNMP, you should be able to use SNMP sensors. You can check manually if you can query SNMP from your PRTG Server using our SNMP Tester. Is this working?

Created on May 31, 2021 10:57:35 AM by  Timo Dambach [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hello, i used the Tester and it worked fine, the Sensors are now working properly too. Thanks for the quick help ^^

Created on Jul 14, 2021 6:41:15 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.