What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

When will there be support for 64 bit lookup values?

Votes:

I'd like to see support for 64 bit lookup values implemented. The docs state that SingleInt and Range are restricted to 32-bit (but it does not inform if it's signed or unsigned values. This should be clarified as well, to be honest.)

However, the docs on BitField lookup values does not mention if it's 32 or 64 bit. A quick test with a random numerical value throws an error confirming it's 32 bit as well, of course.

> "Error by lookup value 'Value is out of 32-bit integer bounds (550025461760)' in channel foo"

The PRTG software suite is 64-bit. Yet... it _still_ cannot process 64 bit numerical values. I have requested this several years back as well, but it seems like you've forgotten all about it. Could you please have your developers take a look at this request again?

64-bit feature-request improvement-request lookups ovl

Created on May 29, 2021 12:54:48 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello,

Yes, only 32-bit integer range is supported. It's mentioned within our manual here.

I couldn't find an official feature request yet, so feel free to propose a new request if you wish this to be implemented in the future. This will help us to prioritise the wish internally so that the feature eventually makes its way into the roadmap then.

Created on May 31, 2021 11:07:07 AM by  Timo Dambach [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.