What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

PRTG Report Availability inaccurate

Votes:

Hello, if i make a report (i.e. for ping sensors) with interval 60 seconds or any other interval i get the availability without decimal places, for example for Pingsensor X i get uptime 6%

i wanted to check the values so made a respective API Call on /api/historicdata.csv i get the csv file. For one timespan for example in the column downtime(raw) the value is "26.6667" but in the column downtime besides it the value is "27%" so it was rounded. In the last row which says Average (from x values) the uptime is stated without decimal places. If i make an average of the downtime(raw) myself i get for example the value 59153,62158 which corresponds to round about 5,92% downtime.

My question is, is it possible to change the accuracy of the uptime/downtime in the reports one can make in the WEB GUI (for example as a pdf file) so that the uptime for my Pingsensor X is stated as for example 5,92 % or 5,915 % and so on but not just 6%. So the reporting engine of prtg has access to the raw values but rounds the percentages.

api prtg report

Created on Sep 3, 2021 8:11:29 AM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

in the report, those times are rounded; this cannot be changed. If you really need higher precision, please use the API call for historic data.

(Normally, the value is closer to 100% so the relative error is quite small in those cases.)

Created on Sep 3, 2021 8:43:33 AM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Last change on Sep 3, 2021 8:45:07 AM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hello, thanks for your reply. can this question then changed to a improvement-request?

Created on Sep 3, 2021 8:55:03 AM

Votes:

Hello,

feature requests can be done this way.

As PRTG is developed as off-the-shelf software, we implement only features for which we expect wide usage. We are especially careful with adding new options, as every new option makes the interface more complex.

Created on Sep 6, 2021 2:11:22 PM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.