What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

prtg map hide icon

Votes:

hi,

is there a way to hide an icon of an object in a prtg map? i cant seem to find a way.

thanks

icon map prtg

Created on Sep 23, 2021 5:21:39 AM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

Thank you for your message.

Can you please provide us further details about what you would like to achieve exactly, so we can better help you with it. Please, also attach a screenshot if possible to make it easier to understand.

Regards.

Created on Sep 23, 2021 6:02:45 AM by  Florian Lesage [Paessler Support]

Last change on Sep 23, 2021 6:04:09 AM by  Florian Lesage [Paessler Support]

Votes:

yes . im using the map designer. when i add an object to the map , it shows an icon and the status of the object. i want to show only the status without the icon.

SCREENSHOT:

map object

Created on Sep 23, 2021 6:15:08 AM

Last change on Sep 23, 2021 6:35:04 AM by  Florian Lesage [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thank you very much for the clarification.

Regarding how to add picture in the Knowledge base (for futur usage), I invite you to have a look at this article: https://kb.paessler.com/en/topic/11-what-markup-codes-can-i-use-to-format-my-questions-and-answers-in-the-paessler-knowledge-base.

Then, to avoid having an icon you have the possibility to use map objects under the section Status Icons which will only display the name of the object and/or its status only like the ones below:

• Name and status
  • Status only

Status icons

If you have questions, let me know.

Created on Sep 23, 2021 6:27:21 AM by  Florian Lesage [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.