What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Map designer

Votes:

I have a Microsoft SQL v2 sensor collecting a total count of orders in our system. How can I display that number only in big on a plasma TV?

map-designer prtg sql

Created on Nov 5, 2021 4:29:55 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

Thank you for your message.

Regarding what you would like to achieve, I invite you to add the custom map object provided in the KB article below in the \webroot\mapobjects folder of your PRTG server (located in the installation directory "C:\Program Files (x86)\PRTG Network Monitor").

https://kb.paessler.com/en/topic/62000-values-only-on-maps

Then, by using the object Last value (on white) from the section Status icons you should be able to only display the sensor's value.

If you have questions, do not hesitate.

Regards.

Created on Nov 8, 2021 9:26:32 AM by  Florian Lesage [Paessler Support]

Votes:

This is awesome. 2 more questions please.

1. - its tiny and no one can see the number on the screen. How do I make it much bigger?
  2. - There is a # after the actual number. How do I get rid of that?

Created on Nov 8, 2021 3:25:58 PM

Last change on Nov 8, 2021 3:33:17 PM by  Felix Wiesneth [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hello,

To make the value bigger, you need to modify the custom map object to include the value within a span tag and apply a CSS style as illustrated below:

<span class="label" style="font-size:40px;"><#objectstatus name="lastvalue" id="<@objectid>"></span>

Here is the entire code:

<!--Status Icons: Last Value (On White)-->

<div class="map_object map_icon mapicon_status_white" id="<@itemid>" objectid="<@objectid>" subid="<@subid>" style="<#mapobject type="topleftcoordinates" subid="<@subid>" mode="<@editmode>">">
  <#mapobject type="objectgrip" mode="<@editmode>">
  <#mapobject type="htmlbefore" subid="<@subid>">
  <#checkobjecttype objecttype="sensor" nicemessage="true" id="<@objectid>">

<span class="label" style="font-size:40px;"><#objectstatus name="lastvalue" id="<@objectid>"></span>
  <#mapobject type="htmlafter" subid="<@subid>">
</div>

Of course, feel free to change the name of the object as well as the font size by modifying the first line as well as the value after "font-size:".

Concerning the unit displayed, I'm afraid that it belongs to the value (they both come together) and therefore can't be removed.

Regards.

Created on Nov 9, 2021 6:41:26 AM by  Florian Lesage [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.