What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Custom alert for PRTG client IOS

Votes:

Hello,

would it be possible to set custom sounds for alerts in PRTG client app on IOS? Defualt options are terrible and it is possible to do so as other apps do have such option.

Thanks,

Lubos

alerts ios mobile-client

Created on Apr 5, 2022 12:35:07 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

Thanks for contacting us.

I understand that you would like to set custom sounds for alerts/notifications in PRTG for iOS, correct?

- What is the current version of PRTG you are running? - What is your iOS version?

I would encourage you to submit a feature request for iOS app. You can submit your feature requests using the following link: https://kb.paessler.com/en/topic/79245-how-can-i-propose-new-features-or-sensors-for-prtg

https://kb.paessler.com/en/tags/add-feature

Best regards,

Miguel Aikens

Created on Apr 8, 2022 7:28:32 PM by  Miguel Aikens [Paessler Technical Support]

Votes:

Hello,

IOS version is 15.4.1 both PRTG server and client application is latest stable versions.

Yes there are lot of applications with possibility to set custom sound for notifications, so it would be nice to chose the sound from galery. According to apple - if developer doesn't allow to change the notification sound it always uses default one - tripple sound from apple.

Lubos

Created on Apr 8, 2022 7:35:18 PM

Votes:

Hi Lubos,

Yes, I encourage you to submit an enhancement request for this feature. I have already tried this with my own iPhone and can't modify the notification sounds unfortunately.

Best regards,

Miguel Aikens

Created on Apr 13, 2022 6:18:11 PM by  Miguel Aikens [Paessler Technical Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.