What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Sunburst Map Object shows no paused Sensors

Votes:

Hi everybody,

we created a map using a custom map object as described in this post: https://kb.paessler.com/en/topic/59942-how-can-i-use-a-status-icon-of-a-device-in-maps-which-only-considers-specific-sensors

This works fine but we found out, that sensor in the state paused are not shown on the sunburst Object on the map. I would be nice if we can also see if a sensor is paused and not only warnings, errors or normal. So i tried it with a default sunburst object (from Device Tree Views --> Sunburst) an it also shows no paused sensors.

Is this a wanted behaviour or can someone please help me to find a solution for this?

Greetings Daniel

custom-map library paused prtg sunburst

Created on Apr 11, 2022 9:32:01 AM

10 Replies

Votes:

Hi there,

Please consider that customizations are not part of our regular support. Still I'm interested in the code which you decided to finally use. Can you share it please? Or is it the original code of the link you provided above?

Kind regards,
Felix Saure, Tech Support Team

Created on Apr 13, 2022 7:47:23 AM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi Felix,

i tried this also with the default Sunburst Map Object and it also shows no paused sensors.

This is the Code that i use:

<!--Custom Map Objects: Lib_Map-->

<div class="map_object map_table <#sensor type="colorclassofstate" prefix="map_objectstate_" id="<@objectid>">" id="<@itemid>" objectid="<@objectid>" subid="<@subid>" style="overflow:hidden;font-size:24px;<#mapobject type="coordinates" subid="<@subid>" mode="<@editmode>">">
  <#mapobject type="objectgrip" mode="<@editmode>">
  <#mapobject type="htmlbefore" subid="<@subid>" var="libid">
<style>#<@itemid> .libTree{height: 100%!important;}</style>
<div id="showalibrary" style="width:100%;height:100%;">
  <div id="libTree" class="libTree prtg-plugin" 
    data-plugin="libtree" 
    data-objectid=" <#mapobject type="htmlbefore" subid="<@subid>">"
    data-lib-name='Library'
    data-view-type="sunburst">
<!-- 
   {"objects":<#table 
      id="@libid"
      varexpand="id"
      output="json"
      count="*"
      subcheck="1"
      noraw="1"
      content="library"
      sortby="probegroupdevice"
      filter_basetype="@ntxt('sensor')"
      columns="objid,name,access=treejson,probegroupdevice=treejson,basetype,icon,favorite,fold,devicenum=textraw,groupnum=textraw,totalsens=textraw,upsens=textraw,downsens=textraw,partialdownsens=textraw,warnsens=textraw,pausedsens=textraw,unusualsens=textraw,undefinedsens=textraw,downacksens=textraw,condition,status=textraw,message=textraw,info,priority,libkind,liblinkedid">
    }
 -->
<div id="viewport"></div>
  </div>
</div>
  <#mapobject type="htmlafter" subid="<@subid>">
</div>

Greetings Daniel

Created on Apr 13, 2022 9:10:38 AM

Last change on Apr 13, 2022 10:46:21 AM by  Felix Wiesneth [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hello Daniel,

Thanks for sharing! There is no filter active in this object as far as I can tell. If you click on the library which you linked in this custom object, are there any paused sensors visible?

Kind regards,

Created on Apr 14, 2022 5:45:43 AM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi Felix, yes if i click on the library i can see several paused sensors, but these are not shown in the sunburst. I works fine for warning and error sensors. Only paused sensor are not visible.

Greetings Daniel

Created on Apr 14, 2022 6:25:51 AM

Votes:

Hello Daniel,

In the settings of the map, which security context is set there? If it's not the PRTG admin account, try to use that to see if everything is displayed. I just tested the default sunburst map object and it works in version 22.1.75.1594+ with paused sensors.

Kind regards,

Created on Apr 15, 2022 8:37:21 AM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hello Felix,

sorry for the delayes answer. I was out of office. I will check the settings. What i found out was, if only one Sensor of many in a library is paused this is not shown in the sunburst map object. But if i set all sensor to Pause this is shown. So it seems that it depends on how many sensors are paused, all or only some. Greetings Daniel

Created on Apr 26, 2022 9:47:08 AM

Votes:

Hi Felix, i tried the settings but this didn't fixed the problem. I am wondering why the sunburst map object didn't present the paused Status in the same way as it does with warning or error Status. When i have only one Sensor in the error or warning state in my library, the sunburst shows me this as it switches to yellow or red color. But when i pause one sensor this is not presented in this way in the sunburst object. Only when i pause all my sensors in the Library. Can you tell me why the sunburst behaves like this? Greetings Daniel

Created on Jun 29, 2022 6:00:15 AM

Votes:

Hello Daniel,

We're currently working on a new webserver and API which will open new ways to also think of integrating other methods of creating dashboards, but there is not ETA for this at the moment I'm afraid.

The feature mentioned in the article does not come with further support or adjustment, therefore I'm afraid that this is as far as we can get with the template for the moment.

Kind regards,

Created on Jun 29, 2022 9:54:36 AM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi Felix, thanks for the reply. I hope the new webserver and API comes with some handy features.

Greetings

Created on Jul 5, 2022 1:57:43 PM

Votes:

Hi Daniel,

Looking very promising from my Technical Support point of view though!

Kind regards,

Created on Jul 6, 2022 7:00:05 AM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.