What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Unable to monitor CPU Utilization and Memory Usage on HPE FlexNetwork and HP Aruba switches

Votes:

Hello,

i have a problem with monitoring CPU Utilisation and Memory Usage for following switches:
HPE FlexNetwork 5510 24G 4SFP+
HP Aruba 2930F 48G 4SFP (JL260A)

Im using SNMP protocol to monitor them and i can successfully monitor their network interfaces but cannot monitor sensors mention above.

First i used out-of-the-box sensors (for CPU i've used SNMP CPU Load and SNMP CPU Load Average, for memory i've used SNMP Memory) and i get these errors:
For CPU Sensors- i manage to add sensors but getting "No such object (SNMP error # 222)" For Memory sensors-Could not create the SNMP Memory sensor on device <DEVICE_NAME> (<IP_ADDRESS>).The sensor could not find any matching data on the monitored device. To resolve this issue, check if SNMP is enabled on the device. Also check if the Dell OpenManage Server Administrator is correctly installed on the target server. Or check if the needed OIDs can be reached. For more information, see https://kb.paessler.com/en/topic/68040. (code: PE187)

Then I tried to make custom SNMP sensor with OID compatible for these two switch models and i get following error:

1. N SNMP_EXCEPTION_NOSUCHINSTANCE223

OIDs that i've used:

Does anyone had similar problem,and if so, what is the solution.

Thank you in advance.

hp prtg snmp switch

Created on Apr 22, 2022 11:29:53 AM

Last change on Apr 26, 2022 6:05:43 AM by  Felix Wiesneth [Paessler Support]

1 Reply

Votes:

Hi there,

It looks like that your OIDs you used have no index at the end. Therefore, I would recommend to use the SNMP Tester to check which OIDs + index are available.

Created on Apr 26, 2022 1:10:21 PM by  Moritz Heller [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.