What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Hello anyone, i need help.

Votes:

So i've problem with PRTG sensor, i dont know its a glitch or what, when i look at realtime view its looks intermitten, but the remote it self is normal. I can ping directly to remote smoothly. Things looks weird when i try to zoom in, the graph looks normal again, and i try to zooming out its looks normal. But when its refreshed every 15 Sec. it back to previous state. Anyone can help?

prtg sensor traffic

Created on Jul 8, 2022 2:06:57 AM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

Feel free to send s screenshots of the issue you are referring to so we can take a closer look at the issue. You can reach out to us directly via mail at [email protected].

Created on Jul 8, 2022 12:39:48 PM by  Timo Dambach [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Yes ive issue with traffic sensor at my PRTG Dashboard. As you can see, my default view with traffic sensory is looking like this
PRTGTrafficSensor
When i try to zoom in the graph looking normal, but when i zoom out its look like the remote is intermittent. Ive double check the remote itself, its totally fine. No problem with the network. My question, is it something wrong with the configuration, or its a bug? ive been try on different browser, the problem still persist. Any suggestion?

Created on Jul 11, 2022 1:42:06 AM

Last change on Jul 11, 2022 7:11:08 AM by  Timo Dambach [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I've noticed that you are using PRTG version 20.1.55 which was released in January 2020. Please note that officially we do not support PRTG versions older than 12 months. Therefore please try updating PRTG to the latest version first and observe the behavior again afterwards so we can exclude possible issues in older versions.

If the issue persists, please reach out to us directly via mail at [email protected] and also send us screenshots of the correct graph (zoomed in), the "log"-tab of the sensor, as well as log files from PRTG so we can take a closer look.

Created on Jul 11, 2022 7:20:17 AM by  Timo Dambach [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.