What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

PRTG Sensor errors

Votes:

I have setup prtg on a new server and i am getting "request timed out icmp 11010" error on most of the nodes,

prtg sensors wmi

Created on Aug 2, 2022 10:54:36 AM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello,

I took a look at the error message in question, and we've answered this before. Basically, the error code just means PRTG was not able to reach the specified host. This can be caused by a number of factors; bad connection, incorrect address, flood protection, routing problems, etc.

Please see ICMP Error #11010 | Paessler Knowledge Base for more details.

If this is a sensor that returns this message, my recommendation is to increase the scanning interval of the sensor and to verify if the target is reachable.

If this is a remote probe returning this message, please ensure that the IP addresses of the probes and core are all correct, and also ensure any anti-virus or firewall software allows PRTG traffic on the network.

Hope this helps

Created on Aug 5, 2022 12:55:24 PM by  Josiah Horton [Paessler Support] (0) 1

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.