What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Add the "Credentials for Microsoft 365" to command-line parameters

Votes:

Want this feature implemented, too? Please upvote by clicking Thumbs up!

(Posts as a reply won't be published in this feature request thread. Read Me!)

User story

As a PRTG user, I want to able to use the "Credentials for Microsoft 365" as Custom Variable in a custom Sensor Script. In the custom Sensor Script i use the “Teant ID”, “Client ID” and “Client secret” informations which are hardcoded in the script right now. I think that the custom variables should be extended in general.

Details of user story

In your article https://www.paessler.com/manuals/prtg/custom_sensors#command_line there are a lot of Command Line Parameters for Custom Sensors. I want to create a powershell script which queries the Microsoft API and gives back some values. On the device it self I can configure the "Credentials for Microsoft 365" which I want to use in the custom powershell script. Is there a command-line parameter for the "Credentials for Microsoft 365" ? How can I use the parameters defined in "Credentials for Microsoft 365" in a custom script?

Acceptance criteria

• It should be possible to use the "Credentials for Microsoft 365" as Custom Variable (placeholder) in a custom Sensor Script

Status

Open

command-line-parameters custom-sensor improve-prtg m365 parameters prtg-kbtracker variables

Created on Aug 26, 2022 5:58:29 AM

Last change on Aug 26, 2022 6:03:57 AM by  Florian Lesage [Paessler Support]

Replies

Nobody has replied yet

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.