What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Auto Discovery not showing up in CoreAutoDiscovery

Votes:

I'm trying to create filters in a device template, and I want to have the field data for things like "name" and "oid". I saw on another forum post that the best way to do that is to run an auto discovery and open up the log under C:\ProgramData\Paessler\PRTG Network Monitor\Logs\debug. I tried that, but running auto discovery did not add anything new to the log. I checked in CoreAutoDiscovery and CoreAutoDiscovery.log.1

auto-discovery debug filter log logs prtg

Created on Nov 4, 2022 3:14:58 PM

Last change on Nov 8, 2022 1:11:09 PM by  Ricardo Sanchez [Paessler Technical Support]

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello Dear customer,

Thank you for contacting PRTG support.

Can you please confirm if you followed the steps and video tutorial that is explained in this article?: https://blog.paessler.com/how-you-get-the-most-out-of-the-prtg-auto-discovery

If so, this type of case is better to be managed via support case at [email protected], please open a support case and share the autodiscovery logs, please check this article for more data https://kb.paessler.com/en/topic/68710-how-to-troubleshoot-auto-discovery. We're happy to help!

Created on Nov 8, 2022 1:10:51 PM by  Ricardo Sanchez [Paessler Technical Support]

Last change on Nov 8, 2022 1:11:38 PM by  Ricardo Sanchez [Paessler Technical Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.