What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Node-RED connector Warnings and Notifications.

Votes:

Hello, I am developing an application on Node-RED and I would like to use PRTG Network Monitor to handle the notification to the user. But I don't know how to tell PRTG to send the notification or change the sensor state to warning. In the Custom sensor web page explains that there are TAGs like Warning and NotifyChanged, but I don't know how to configure using the PRTG Node-RED Connector. Thanks!

iot-push-data-advanced-sensor node-red-connector prtg

Created on Dec 13, 2022 10:15:02 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hello Dear customer

Thank you for contacting PRTG support

Have you tried to follow the guidance explained on this article Monitoring IoT with PRTG and Node-RED

If you have any questions let me know

Created on Dec 15, 2022 6:11:48 PM by  Ricardo Sanchez [Paessler Technical Support]

Votes:

Hello Ricardo, Yes, I successfully inject data from node-Red into a "IoT Push Data (Advanced) (HTTP)" sensor. It was a very happy moment. The key is that Node-RED is the main application for my project, only in Node-RED are stored the High and High-High Levels of the sensor. And it's not a nice practice to have to repeat this configuration in another system, like PRTG. So, the custom sensor JSON has the Tags to tell PRTG that:

• the sensor is "<Warning>" (aka High Level)
  • to send a notification to the user with the tag "<NotifyChanged>"
  • the sensor has a problem "<Error>"

src: PRTG Manual: Custom Sensors

I have tested this TAGs from a browser (using xml, not json) and it worked as I needed, but this TAGs seems not implemented in the PRTG Node-RED connector. am I right? Would be possible to ask for this functionalitys to be added to the connector?

Warning and Notify TAGs:

https://127.0.0.1:5051/Token-Id?content=<prtg><result><channel>temperatura</channel><value>10</value><warning>1</warning><notifychanged></notifychanged></result><text>this%20is%20a%20warning%20message</text></prtg>

Error TAG

https://127.0.0.1:5051/Token-Id?content=<prtg><result><channel>temperatura</channel><value>20</value></result><error>1</error><text>this%20is%20a%20error%20message</text></prtg>

Reading now the Custom Sensor Manual, the TAGs "<LimitMaxWarning>" and "<LimitMaxError>" to tell to PRTG the High and High-High Level, would be handy too.

Thank You!!

Created on Dec 16, 2022 2:25:01 PM

Votes:

Hello

Yes you can propose a new feature request to our developer team to be consider your request on this sensors in future releases, please follow this article : Feature Request Proposal

Created on Dec 16, 2022 8:34:43 PM by  Ricardo Sanchez [Paessler Technical Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.