What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Reinstall PRTG Monitor

Votes:

Hello

I have uninstalled PRTG Monitor by mistake. Yes it's stupid. It was a test instance with only demo data, but it could be useful to retrieve it because it may be of use to, well, demonstrate PRTG to customers. I have saved the prtg directory under ProgramData, I have not even rebooted the computer, is there an easy way to install again and get back at all the sensors ? It was at latest version.

backup prtg uninstall

Created on Dec 19, 2022 7:41:46 AM

2 Replies

Votes:

Hello

Thank you for the KB post.

In this case, install the PRTG version which was deleted, and since you have the PRTG ProgramData you can restore previous configaration from the auto-backup configuration.

Thank you

Best Regards,
Priyanka Bhatt

Created on Dec 27, 2022 9:26:30 AM by  Priyanka Bhatt[Paessler Support] (0) 1

Votes:

Hello,

Thank you for the reply and Happy New Year.

Yes, for the custom sensor their custom scripts and lookup files are stored in the installation directory hence it is required to take a manual backup in order to restore.

I'm glad that so far everything is working now. In case, you need any further support for not working sensors please contact us at [email protected]

Best Regards,
Priyanka Bhatt

Created on Jan 3, 2023 9:11:51 AM by  Priyanka Bhatt[Paessler Support] (0) 1

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.