What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Approx. arrival beta of new UI/API

Votes:

Hey there,

I am wondering when will the new UI/API go into (public) Beta testing? I'm very hesitent to try the Alpha on production. Will there be a way for users to decide if they want to use the new UI or the old UI while it is still in Beta or can I only replace the old UI for all users on "activation"?

Greetings

Johannes

alpha api beta ui

Created on Jan 6, 2023 9:08:36 AM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hi Johannes,

You can run the Alpha next to the regular interface. It will install a new service and you can decide to switch from the old interface to the new interface whenever you wish. As the Alpha is pretty much read only at the moment, changes would need to be done on the "old" (the current) interface.

For more information, see: https://kb.paessler.com/en/topic/90008-i-want-to-use-the-new-ui-and-api-v2-what-do-i-need-to-know

There is no ETA for the Beta or final release date yet I could share at the moment.

Kind regards,
Felix Saure, Technical Support Team

Created on Jan 10, 2023 12:48:41 PM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.