What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Moving devices from old remote probe to new remote probe

Votes:

I am building a new local probe in a new domain. I want to create some new remote probes (on server 2019 to replace the 2012 servers) and have them connect to the new local probe.

Is there a way to export the devices/groups/sensors on the old remote probe and import them into the new remote probe? I'm trying to save a lot of time and effort in not having to recreate everything by hand.

migration prtg remote-probe

Created on Feb 22, 2023 5:57:06 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello Phillip,

You may want to look at this attached detailed Knowledge Base Step by Step article on howto migrate PRTG probes from one Server to another, Please follow the link below:
https://kb.paessler.com/en/topic/1123-how-do-i-move-a-prtg-probe-from-one-pc-to-another

Kind regards,
Jeremiah Katatumba - Team Technical Support

Created on Feb 24, 2023 12:05:31 PM by  Jeremiah Katatumba

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.