What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Sensor Configuration Problem - Switch DELL

Votes:

Kind regards,

I am currently trying to add a sensor for monitoring a Dell Switch model S4048-ON, however, repeated attempts have not been successful. Has anyone else had this problem?

It is worth mentioning that this migration is being carried out with the SNMP v2 protocol.

dell prtg snmp

Created on Mar 7, 2023 2:49:32 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello Julio,

What error did you encounter when trying to setup the SNMP sensor? Also, what sensor did you try to add? The articles below might help you solve the issue:

Can't find a sensor for my device in PRTG but I believe it supports SNMP. How to proceed? My SNMP sensors don’t work. What can I do?

If the above links do not resolve your issue. Kindly contact us at [email protected]

Kind regards,
Muna Azmi - Tech Support Team

Created on Mar 10, 2023 4:01:05 AM by  Muna Azmi [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.