What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

intermittent DOWN message - intraffic=No such object (SNMP error # 222)

Votes:

We are getting intermittent DOWN messages on some of our devices:

Last Message: intraffic=No such object (SNMP error # 222) outtraffic=No such object (SNMP error # 222) inerrors=No such object (SNMP error # 222) outerror=No such object (SNMP error # 222) indiscards=No such object (SNMP error # 222) outdiscards=No such object (SNMP error # 222) ifalias=No such object (SNMP error # 222) uptime=No such object (SNMP error # 222)

It just started about a week ago. after about 5 minutes we will then get the DOWN ended message and be fine for several hours. We are collecting data from the sensor so i know it works.

error#222 sensor snmp

Created on Apr 17, 2023 4:08:34 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello,
The "No such object" error usually means that the specified SNMP object couldn't be found. This can have various reasons:

- changed OID, network connection problems, etc.
- incorrect SNMP Settings (port, version, community string, potential authentication credentials, etc.)
- the target device does not have a counter for this OID.
- etc.

Since the issue is only temporary in your case, it's likely to be a temporary network issue. You can also use our SNMP Tester to test the SNMP-Functionality on the target device: https://kb.paessler.com/en/topic/793-how-can-i-test-the-functionality-of-my-snmp-device

Created on Apr 21, 2023 1:49:17 PM by  Timo Dambach [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.